Vitamin B Complex -- And Why You Need it Daily
A vitamin B-complex is a water-soluble supplement that combines all eight essential B vitamins, which are:
- Thiamin (vitamin B1)
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
- Vitamin B6
- Biotin (vitamin B7)
- Folate (vitamin B9)
- Vitamin B12
There are 13 vitamins our body needs, eight of which make up the B-complex.
Benefits - B vitamins are essential to enzymes that regulate chemical reactions in the body.
Each member of the B-complex has a unique structure and is important for functions in the human body.
The 13 B vitamins have each a crucial role to play and is needed for maintaining overall health
Together, the complex supports the immune and nervous systems, metabolism, skin and muscles as well as regulate chemical reactions in the body.
Our gut bacteria, sometimes referred to as our microbiome, makes B-vitamins. However, due to our diet, chemicals, GMO sprays, pesticides, and lack of fermented foods, among other things, good bacteria is destroyed, which can cause B-vitamin deficiencies.
Vitamin B Complex - Deficiency Symptoms
- Deficiency of vitamin B1 and B2 usually doesn’t show any symptoms. However, Vitamin B1 deficiency is associated with Congestive Heart failure and the deficiency of Vitamin B2 is associated with a Myocardial Infarction (sudden onset) heart failure
Vitamin B6 supports adrenal function, helps to maintain a healthy nervous system and keeping you calm. Vitamin B6 also plays an important role in serotonin creation. A lack of vitamin B6 may cause skin disorders, such as irritation or a rash. It can also lead to irritation, depression or increased risk of infections, or nerve damage in the hands and feet.
- If you are low on folate (Vitamin B9), you may be experiencing chronic low energy, mood changes, poor digestion issues (bloating, constipation, IBS), anemia, canker sores in the mouth. Pregnant women who are deficient in Vitamin B9 are at a higher risk of developing birth defects in their babies.
- Folate vs Folic Acid - Please note that folate is a natural essential vitamin, whereas folic acid is a synthetic B vitamin found in supplements and fortified foods, which is not easily absorbed in the body.
- If you are low on Vitamin B12, this can potentially lead to anemia (decrease in the total amount of red blood cells). Symptoms may include fatigue, short breath, headaches, dizziness, pale skin, lack of appetite and weight loss. Other symptoms may include sore tongue, mouth ulcers, paranesthesia (known better as pins and needles) and depression
Many of today's B-vitamin complex supplements are made from petroleum distillate, and coal tar, which mostly will be rejected by the body. If your urine turns bright yellow, then it's an indication that your body is trying to eliminate the toxins. As always, check your labels.
If you want to incorporate vitality and overall well-being, then look for a good Vitamin B Complex that is natural, made with folate instead of folic acid and without any preservatives.
As a result of having many health challenges as a child, going from doctor to doctor with limited resolution to the problems, he spent years tying to find any way to get healthy. It was only the pursuit of nutrition did he get satisfactory resolution.
Today he is a Nutrition Scientist, a certified nutritional therapist (CNT) with a B.A. in Biology and Chemistry . He also is an expert on Electromagnetic Frequency testing and remediation. John is dedicated to bringing you the best nutrition formulas based on science.
Leave a comment
Also in From Our Blog
According to the CDC heart disease remains the leading cause of death over cancer, chronic lower respiratory disease, and strokes. Find out how you can prevent...
In our today's environment with depleted soil, high stress, processed foods, and antibiotic use, many people have a deficient supply of HCL, which is important for proper digestion.
Cistus belongs to the group of plants with the highest level of these active agents. It has a higher content of antioxidants than green tea.